Basirhat college, an institution with distinction, started its journey radiating the light of higher education on 16th November 1947. The institution stands on the bank of Ichhamoti, which flows by its ancient seat of learning and culture that witnessed the many souls of the soil rise to eminence. In 1947, the institution was primarily housed at the Basirhat Town Hall and later on it was shifted to Late Khan Bahadur A.F.M Abdur Rahaman's residence at the heart of Basirhat Town. Later, Dr. Shyamaprasad Mukherjee, an eminent educationist and national leader of our country laid the foundation stone at the present location of the college.
“Basirhat College, a premier College of the District North 24 Parganas, was established in the year 1947. The College was initially- Dr. Ashok MondalRead More ...
affiliated to the University of Calcutta but with the formation of West Bengal State University in 2008, it is now affiliated to this new University.”